Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Am I done?

So, I have accomplished what I set out to do in publishing my website, Jobless Grads (http://www.joblessgrads.co.cc). After all of the research, coding, brainstorming, changing/re-uploading and putting it all together exactly the way that I want it, I ask myself- am I done? A part of me wants to be and I know that continuous time and effort will be spent adding/deleting content, changing the format here and there, but my final answer to really feeling "done" with the site is a loud, resounding "no". Not that I don't like where everything is at, the format that it's currently in or my content. It's not anything major that requires immediate alterations or a drastic change in scenery. It's the PHP forum not yet added- my original was hosted and flopped (overabundance of spammy posts, nothing from real, live people). It's my contact information and the publication of a sitemap. It's all of the wonderful ideas I've had to encourage communication among my audience, to promote return visitors, to add that substantial, little missing "extra" to my prideful little project on the Web.

Who, I wonder, having gone through this entire process of writing and publishing a website, really ever feels "done". Outside of the companies like Amazon, Google, Etc. who work with a knowledgeable and experienced (well paid) IT team, how can you ever really feel done? I am done, but I plan on making it better. It'll be up to you and the rest of the online world to decide just how successful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment