Saturday, September 5, 2009

Every Day is Special

I just discovered that my due date- September 17th- is a special day in history. Maybe I should've known this before I honed in on the date because of my upcoming delivery, but it's the day that the U.S. constitution was approved, back in 1787. Ironically, I knew the year from the Schoolhouse Rock special in middle school. If you've never heard of Schoolhouse Rock, I'm old, you're young (or really, really old) and should just stop reading now.

And for those of you still hanging in there, the song went something like this: "In 1787 a whole brand new country was found. Our people were just starting out and thought what it could be. (And then the preamble) We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice and insure tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of our liberty for ourselves and our prosperity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America.

What a day to have a baby! Meaning, really nothing for me except a going-home outfit might be more appropiate if it incorporates something patriotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment